Keefe Group is an associate of Keefe Supply Company, advanced technologies group, access corrections, ICSolutions and Keefe Commissary Network. They are the main providers of food items, hardware, programming and telecommunication arrangements, individual care items, technology, and clothing to the correction facilities. Keefe Group has been putting forth these administrations since 1975. They spearheaded the development of correction products bundling and technologies to fit the requirements of all prisons in the nation.
Their objective and responsibility
Keefe Group guarantees that all their efforts come down to one goal, conveying quality and proficient administrations surrounding your own needs. They ensure that customers are constantly 100% happy with their policies. Their telephone lines are constantly open, you can reach them if you require knowing more about them. Read more news on tampabay.com.
Items and services that they offer
Footwear items for detainees, telephone call services to prisoners, video calls for an inmate, and commercial services, for example like sending cash to inmates, banking, and distributing services to customers, health management services, TV and cable services, among others.
How much does Keefe Group earn from prisoners
According to contracts and payment records that were obtained through a public records request, Keefe received over forty million dollars in gross revenue. The fees were paid to Keefe Commissary Network for MDOC inmate services. The contract was valid from 5 November 2008 and has been renewed multiple times. The last time it was renewed was in 2011, and it expired on 31 August 2015. Chris Epps, the former commissioner, signed all contracts.
The services KEEFE is responsible for
- preparing detainee deposits
- Offer of prepaid debit cards and handling of inmate trust funds
- They offer music players (MP3) to prisoners, $115, and sales tax. MDOC gets $15 per player sold.
- They have the rights to offer tune downloads. The cost to the prisoner is $1.70 per download. MDOC gets $0.10 per download.
- They have the right to provide commissary things, for example, foodstuffs, individual hygiene items, tobacco, and different things. Keefe paid a sales commission rate of 29.4% at state-worked prisons and 24% at private-worked state inmate facilities. Keefe likewise deducted 10% of aggregate sales sum for all “visitation sacks” sold every month. Read more articles on Blogspot about Keefe Group.